Where Europe Ends: Regional Contribution to EU Accession
The goal of the conference was to discuss effects of the enlargement process on non-EU regions and cities as well as how they contribute to the processes of integration into the EU.
The conference had high European media coverage and was especially picked up by national and regional media of the Balkan countries. Parts of the event were shown in a documentary by the regional TV station ‘RTV Vojvodina’, Serbia.
- Stefan Füle, Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighborhood Policy
- Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, MEP, Chairman of the Delegation to the EU-Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia Joint Parliamentary Committee
- Victor Bostinaru, MEP, Vice-Chair of the Delegation for relations with Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Kosovo
- Tanja Fajon, MEP, Vice-Chair of the Delegation to the EU-Croatia Joint Parliamentary Committee
- Yngve Engstroem, European Commission, Head of Unit for Regional Programmes (tbc)
- Klaus Klipp, Secretary General of the Assembly of European Regions
- Luc Van den Brande, Chairman of the Commission for Citizenship, Governance, Institutional and External Affairs at the Committee of the Regions (tbc)
- Mario Djuragic, Director of the Office of Republic of Srpska in Brussels
- Magdalena Chawula, Director of the Regional Office of Silesia in Brussels
- Ivana Lazanja, Director of the Representative Office of the Regional Development Agency of Slavonija & Baranja, Croatia
- Boris Barjaktarovic, Vice-president of the Government of Vojvodina, Serbia, responsible of Inter-regional Cooperation